In case you haven’t heard, it’s official: we’re expecting again.
There is no way to capture here the roller coaster of emotions that has been our lives over the past few weeks, and I’m going to use that has a (pretty valid, I think) excuse for why I haven’t posted here much. I want to explore what’s been in my head – especially about the new baby – but I just haven’t had time.
Just to sum up:
- We’re expecting another baby in October. (!!)
- We’ve now put in four offers on houses, and as of today, are under our second contract. (Oh, and by the way, our landlords are kicking us out of our apartment in less than two months. So… kind of important that we find a place.)
- Miles turned three years old.
- I’ve been traveling a lot for work, both for conferences and client meetings. Needless to say, it’s made the other stuff more intense, as you can imagine.
- I’ve been sick as a dog, with some kind of sinus infection or something that has kept me hacking up for a week and even affected my hearing.
- One other mysterious semi-huge reason that I just can’t share yet. (But desperately want to.)
Our saving grace has been an upcoming trip to Florida for a week’s long vacation. We’re leaving tomorrow, and I’ll be unplugging – thankfully, willingly – completely for nine days. It’s needed for everyone.
When I get back, expect many more thoughtful updates. In the meantime, what’s going on in your lives?