The Texas-sized story behind this week’s photos:
- 1 & 2 - As you may recall, I just spent almost a week in Austin attending conferences – networking, learning stuff, hanging out with good friends, old and new. The weather was really crappy the first few days, but when it finally cleared up, it was beautiful and the city came alive.
- 3 – This being Texas, cowboys abounded. Whit Honea felt the need to challenge one to a dual at Dad 2.0 Summit. (He lost.) I learned a ton at Social Business Summit, met some great new contacts at SXSW, but Dad 2.0 Summit easily had my favorite people. And to see them all coming together to support the “dads aren’t idiots” motif was truly satisfying. (Congrats to the team for pulling it off.)
- 4 - Dad 2.0 ended with a bang, i.e. a collaborative party with the forces behind Kirtsy for the Girl+Guy Party. Two things: I’m always up for a party thrown by Laura Mayes (and you should be too), and I’m always up for hearing The Tontons (and you should be too).
- 5 - I can’t spend a week in Austin and not talk about the food. The food. THE FOOD. This particular photo pays homage to The Boiling Pot, where we got cajun sauce on our fingers while eating seafood that still had eyes to stare back at us. Good times.
- 6 - After a good but long week, it was nice to be able to come home to my favorite people in the world.
Side note: One thing not captured here is the enormity of a very serendipitous interaction between myself and a good friend on Tuesday night that led directly to a major step forward for one of my Life List items. Which one? You’ll have to wait and see.
SO much to tell you guys in the week to come. Stay tuned.
How was your week?
(And as always, if you feel like more photo goodness, you can follow me on Instagram – @calebgardner.)